Mediphysio is committed to safeguarding the privacy of client information, and has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002.
Any personal information, medical results or associated material that we collect about you may be used for any purpose associated with the service only. No information will be disclosed to any third parties without the individuals consent except where it is disclosed under legal requirement.
- Why we collect personal information
Mediphysio only collects personal information for purposes which are directly related to our functions or activities and only when it is necessary for or directly related to those purposes.
Mediphysio collects personal information:
- because an individual has provided it to us, for instance if an individual fills our our new patient forms or makes a private booking. This information is willingly supplied and signed off by the person providing it.
- because we need it to provide a service that an individual has requested.
- because we would like to improve our services, for example collecting information about our service such as satisfaction surveys.
- because it is deemed necessary however is collected knowingly by the person providing the information.
- How Mediphysio collects information when an individual uses written or a digital service (including online and mobile services)
There are two types of information or data Mediphysio collects:
- Information about the patient from a “new patient form”. This is signed off on by the patient/ person filling out the form. If it is gather verbally it would be done directly from the person or by a guardian or family member that has consent.
- How we use personal information
- To potentially follow up with a patient for quality of care.
- For our own compliance purposes.
- We do not sell any information to third parties.
- Data quality
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up to date and complete. These steps include maintaining and updating personal information when we are advised by individuals that their personal information has changed, and at other times as necessary.
- Security of personal information
All our information is stored securely in cloud based software. Only authorised people within the company have access to these accounts. These software companies and their privacy policies are below. If we collect information via paper we store it in these programs and then shred the paper copy as soon as possible in our clinics.